On 1st August 2023, Carnegie Mellon University Robotics Academy (CMRA) authorized Future Ready Academy as an Official Education Partner to provide training and certification for CMRA programs:
- Training & CMRA certification for Robotics Professionals.
- Endorsed by the Advanced Robotics for Manufacturing (ARM) Institute.
- Developing talent to build, maintain, customize robotics & autonomous systems.
- Focused on knowledge, skills & attitudes required in advanced manufacturing & robotics.
- 5 stackable micro-certification modules: Mechanical, Electrical, Software, Robotics Integration & Fabrication
K-12 Robotics for Computer Science & STEM (CS-STEM) education programs
- Training & CMRA certification for K-12 students.
- Fostering computational thinking & critical thinking capabilities.
- Fun and exciting experiments with engineering and technology.
- Leverages kids’ natural curiosity to spark interest in STEAM.
- Hands-on robotics activities that engender problem-solving skills.
“We are extremely excited to be appointed the Official Education Partner of CMRA. Utilizing research-backed curricula with real-world contextual applications designed by Carnegie Mellon Robotics Academy, Future Ready Academy furthers our mission to prepare and empower the next generation of leaders and entrepreneurs to be FUTURE READY in a digital world.”
–Jeffrey Nah, Founder & CEO of Future Ready Academy.
Carnegie Mellon Robotics Academy (CMRA) is an educational outreach of Carnegie Mellon University, and part of the university’s world-renowned Robotics Institute, which represents the highest level of international robotics training system. The CMRA team is housed in the National Robotics Engineering Center (NREC), where robots for business, government, and industry are designed, prototyped, and tested.
CMRA studies how educators can use robots to teach Computer Science, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (CS-STEM). Their mission is to use the educational affordances of robotics to create CS-STEM opportunities for all learners. CMRA fulfils their mission by developing research-based solutions that are classroom-tested and foreground CS-STEM concepts.
CMRA has global reach, with learners from 183 countries leveraging materials from their CS-STEM Network annually.
“Our mission is to use the educational affordances of robotics to create CS-STEM opportunities for all learners, all over the world,” said Jesse Flot, Co-Director of CMRA. “Partnering with Future Ready Academy allows us to broaden that impact in new geographic locations. The enthusiasm for learning and positive influence Future Ready Academy has made in the Singapore region will continue to inspire curious minds and instill a love of robotics, coding, and technology-focused passions.”
In line with Singapore’s Smart Nation push to “Go Digital. Go Global.” Future Ready Academy has forged partnerships with global leaders in education to deliver world-class digital curriculum in an immersive team-based, experiential learning environment. Future Ready Academy’s new partnership with CMRA to deliver training and certification of CMRA programs is the latest example of achieving this goal.